Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snowed In

Today we had a blizzard go through the Washington area. A real one! Kyle and I have decided it can now be called a "real" winter. Generally, an inch of snow in the area can be a cause of panic....I guess when you get 21" it's acceptable. Before the storm hit people stormed the grocery stores to stock up.

Apparently the grocery stores were completely out of milk, ground beef, and eggs. I only made a short trip into Wal-Mart last night after going to see Avatar, so that we could buy a new kennel for our cats before the trip, so I cannot personally attest to the state of the grocery stores. However, I did notice that the food isles at Wal-Mart were in a state of disarray (and oddly enough, they seemed to be out of ketchup).

At the moment I can hear the plow making its way through our parking lot for at least the 4th time today. From the window you can see our car. There is literally an unbroken blanket of snow from the road in the back of the car to the road in the front of the car....you can't see underneath it (except along the sides). I've watched a few silly people try to dig their cars out. They must have somewhere important to go to brave the roads, or they feel spending 45 minutes digging their car out from under the snow is a good way to spend a snowy day. Tomorrow I plan to take some pictures.

1 comment:

  1. We have a little snow.....I'm jealous you all have so much! No heart attacks with all that shoveling.

    ReplyDelete