Sunday, March 14, 2010

Still Looking

Yesterday I spent about 2 hours working on cover letters at the library. I went to the library because our place is still a mess and there are no tables with chairs to sit at, unless you count the coach and coffee table. Not ideal. Anyhow, the chaos of the apartment was not conducive to helping me concentrate. The library wasn't much better. All the tables and desks were filled, so I sat in an armchair. Oh well. I have a love/hate relationship with libraries. Studying or getting work done in them has never been easy for me, but I like to look at books. However, when you are struggling to write a half page cover letter, it doesn't help to be surrounded by people who are published. Or rather, their books.

Anyhow, the job search continues. Today I got an email back from a job I applied to two weeks ago saying that said "Although it sounds like you are enthusiastic and are off to a good start in your career, this year's applicant pool was very strong and we just have other applicants that are better matches for this position." In other words...get some experience first. Well, I'll send out the next batch of letters tomorrow. Maybe something more positive will come of them. And if nothing happens with those letters I get to wait until July when the local public districts post their openings.

On a more positive note, my sister came to visit last week and we had a great time. I also had a movie night w/ some women w/ my Bible study last night. I just wish we had more get togethers like that. It gets old spending every night in front of the TV wishing people lived closer to us so we could have impromptu get togethers. Kyle and I did meet a soon to be married couple at church who live rather close to us, which could be great. We hope to get to know them better. Softball season also starts in a couple of weeks, which will be fun. Anyhow, I'm glad that spring is almost here and that the days are longer. It makes looking for a job a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment