Monday, July 27, 2009

Gettysburg, PA

This past weekend Kyle and I went up to Gettysburg to celebrate our anniversary. We drove up early on Saturday and spent the morning exploring part of the park and listening to a ranger talk about the Battle of Little Round Top. It's so cool to get up close and personal with history. So so much better than any history classes that I have taken. I think it is one of those things that if I had known I enjoy history this much, and that it could be this exciting, I might have taken the history route in college. Oh well, part of me knows that I will be going back to school sometime in the future, so I guess I'll have another chance if I want.

Anyhow, we drove over to Hanover, PA and enjoyed the annual Dutch Festival. We bought a really room divider built out of old windows. So cool. After wrestling it into our car we drove to the B & B where we stayed that night. It was a beautiful, charming old brownstone. Our hosts were great and the breakfast we had was amazing :)

We spent Sunday back at Gettysburg exploring the museum there and then driving back home. Then I had to run to the grocery store so I could make dinner for a family in our Bible study who just got home with their newly adopted son. It was a rather exhausting, but wonderful weekend. Now it's back to the grind of looking for a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment