Thursday, August 20, 2009

A new car please....

This weekend offers me another new opportunity, one which I'm quite excited about actually. We are going to buy me a car : ). This might not seem all that exciting to some, but considering I've spent the last 6 years of my life dependent upon public transportation and rides from others to get around, I'm very much looking forward to having a bit more freedom. Not only that, but it will be much easier to get to and from the schools, which will give me more flexibility about which sub jobs I can accept, since before I could only accept calls I got the night before due to time constraints. This leads me to my next thought, which is my pursuit for gainful employment.

For the time being, it seems that I will not be teaching this coming school year, at least not in my own classroom. I have applied to work with a private tutoring company and that looks good as long as my paper work goes through. In addition to that I will continue to sub in the local school district and probably continue to look for openings throughout the year. I did have an interview for a half time position for 9th grade English, but it was a preliminary interview, and the department chair will be doing call backs today or tomorrow. If I get another interview chance that would be great, but I'm no longer stressed about finding classroom job. So anyhow, as long as I can sub 2-4 days a week and such, then things should be okay. If that doesn't fill my time enough then I will probably branch out into another tutoring position or retail. Whatever. God will provide something for me, it just might not be what I'm expecting. But as long as I can start paying off my student loans and start saving up more money for when we buy a house.

Last week we went to Hilton Head SC and had a blast. Sadly, I took no pictures. I don't know what I was thinking. Anyhow, no pictures to post of that vacation, but I'll try to post some pictures sometime soon of our adventures of late. Hopefully, there will be at least one more trip downtown to do some exploring somewhere new. We haven't yet been to Eastern Market, which should be fun. Anyhow, it's something to add to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment